Contributing writers

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alison Mosshart Talks Love and Style with Vogue







Alison Mosshart of The Kills and Dead Weather is definitely my hair inspiration. Every time I think of cutting it I think of I think of her... She rocks on stage with her hair styled in a long straight cut with front bangs, cowboy boots and a gunmetal studded jacket. Killer.

On whether she would like to have a boyfriend: "Maybe yeah, I would I think. My problem with boyfriends has always been one thing: my work comes first. Part of that is I've never met the right person. I almost need someone who overpowers me. I'd love to have a boyfriend who has his own thing and isn't relying on me....I'm attracted to the Jamies and Jacks (referring to Jack White), those men who know exactly what they're doing."

Jack White on the power of Mosshart: "[she is] the best female front person out there right now. I don't think anyone can touch her. She's a grenade with the pin missing. [in three words, she's] Lady GaGa's worst nightmare."

Alexa Chung on Mosshart's style: "She's living proof that you don't have to dress sexy to BE sexy. She doesn't need sequins and leotards to captivate her audience, and she doesn't have to give endless, opinionated interviews for us to know she's intelligent. She's cool because she's underated and, in this day and age, that's rare.

Her thoughts on fashion: "I'm far more interested in style than I am in the fashion industry. I really don't care about that. But people with amazing style, really incredible clothes-it's an art and I appreciate it."