Contributing writers

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 14, 2009

She's cool





Did you know that hair colors are classified into two tones? These are cool and warm tones.
Decide weather you want to be more of a cooler or warmer tone.

Cool
Refers to blue or violet based undertones in hair, skin, or makeup. (medium ash brown, blue-black, dishwater blonde, deep coffee brown, medium golden brown, golden blonde, and white.)

Warm
Refers to yellow, red or orange based undertones in hair, skin, or makeup. (red, deep brown, strawberry blonde and gray.)

2 comments:

Danna said...

Hi!!!!I was hoping you could help me with a hair color that I wish I could get the color is medium ash brown.
My natural hair is dark brown/black
my eyes are brown.
my skin tone some people say is olive others say is yellow.
the veins in my wrist look green.
I look good in gold jewelry.
I hope you could tell me if that color is going to look good and if it doesn't can you please tell me which does.Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Hi Danna:

If Everything is as you described then you are classified as a WARM skin tone. You do NOT want to go with ASH hair color because it is a COOL tone hair color, and to compliment your skin, and make you glow and stand out, you would only want warm or neutral hair colors...

ASH will wash you out and make you look aged.

When shopping for a hair dye, you want something with an N, G, or R following it. Neutral, Golden, or Red.

Also, boxed color will NEVER LIFT color. Since your hair is DARK brown and you want Medium, you will need to LIFT your hair 1-2 levels to achieve a mid range brown.

This will require bleach/or at least a 20 developer.